-
Re: More Pound kids
Well, the Coach that called us wanted to give us a head's up on it. He said that Phil Robbins had called him and was asking him about Chris moving and transferring.
I agree with you, I couldn't understand why anyone from PV would question anything about Chris and him transferring.
-
Re: More Pound kids
I know this was being talked about by coaches at the 7 on 7 games., and the definite rulings by VHSL is you have to vacate the old home. Just renting a place doesn't cut it anymore and there looking to crakdown on it. I'll tell you why Robbins name is being mentioned, because if Dakota didn't move to BSG, he isn't eligible. The rules state you can transfer after you start the 9th grade, but are ineligible to compete in VHSL sanctioned events for 365 days if there is no change of physical address.
-
Re: More Pound kids
You are correct. When I went to Mr.Collins office at Kelly, he called Mr. Zimorski at the VHSL. I also talked to him on the phone that day. They know about the whole situation and Chris transferring.
I know there have been some who use the system and get by with it, but that is too big of a risk.
We have moved, we reside in a residence served by Kelly routes only. We are in a Kelly zone.
-
Re: More Pound kids
I hate it for all involved that this thing has become such a mess, but then again, in SWVA where there is nothing to do but pay homage to high school football, I can't say that I didn't expect it. Were the sport different, it probably wouldn't have been such an aggravation. Obviously, I am elated to have Chris as a part of our Kelly clan. I have admired the way that he plays the game on the field, and he is a quality kid off the field (which makes me the most pleased about him coming to Wise-the game of life means much more than FNL. I'd rather you be a star in your community than on the gridiron). I look forward to watching him fit into and be a contributor to our program.
-
Re: More Pound kids
There are lots of people that hate Chris is going to Wise.Who wouldn't hate losing a kid from their hometown as good a leader as Chris is?I support him in what ever he does.But also hate that he isn't in Pound.Trust me Pound isn't wasting any time in practice.Coach is making a big difference in practice already.No coaches playin on the field while the team practice,No adults are gonna be on the fiels while they practice,In fact it is gonna be closed to the public(way it should be) things are lookin much better than last year already as far as getting the team ready for this season.
And I think Robbins did mention Chris to coach.And maybe Chris moving into division 2 did concern Robbins.
-
Re: More Pound kids
Yes, there are some who hate Chris is going to Wise. But there are some on the coaching staff who has always been good to Chris and support him.
-
Re: More Pound kids
Kelly is lucky, getting a heck of an athelete and an even better kid.
-
Re: More Pound kids
In my opinion it doesnt really matter b/c pound and wise will both be finishing near last.
-
Re: More Pound kids
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: one1one</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my opinion it doesnt really matter b/c pound and wise will both be finishing near last. </div></div>
Not in Baseball
-
Re: More Pound kids
On a slightly different note, I think if you live around here your entire life you'll end up with ties to two or three schools. For instance, my mother graduated from Wise but honestly roots for PV in every game in every sport. I guess it's just where she knows more of the kids that play at PV as opposed to JJK, my grandfather on the other hand....... I dont think he'd pull for PV (unless I was playing) if his life depended on it. As far as transfering goes, let kids do what they want. If they were a D1 prospect I'm sure they'd standout at any school, and if they wanted major attention they wouldn't transfer inside the LPD anyway. They'd go play for DB or another school that gets more exposure. If I was great at Football I'd wanna go to PV (Robbins would get you in school), baseball I'd go to Norton (learn from the best around) and basketball I'd go to Gate City.